Sunday, October 17, 2010

What's Your Beef? (Beef Rolls)

It's been a while since I've posted a recipe from Mom's and Dad's cookbook. Since I have a break from travel, I'll be able to start back on this project. I actually prepared this recipe Saturday afternoon and we had it for Sunday dinner. The prep time was about 15 minutes. I only used one can of the mushroom soup.

BEEF ROLLS

1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup crushed potato chips
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 tbsp A-1 Sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 egg
Salt and pepper
2 tsp (divided) Lipton's Onion Soup Mix
1/4 cup water
2 cans (10 oz ea) mushroom soup



Mix 1 tsp Lipton's Onion Soup Mix with 1/4 cup water and 2 cans mushroom soup; set aside. Combine and mix well all remaining ingredients. Form into 6 oblong rolls and place in a greased 2 quart casserole.



Pour the mushroom soup mixture over the meat rolls.










Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.

The recipe recommends to serve this with buttered noodles. Instead, Carol made a delicious butternut squash. We also had some of our home made apple sauce.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see where the glass is wine is used in the recipe. Could I drink white wine or does it have to be red while preparing the meal?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to comment. You can choose Anonymous.