Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day!



















The prep time on this took a little longer. Removing the skin from the chicken took a little longer than I anticipated.
The next time I make this, I'll add more rosemary and before I bake it, I think I'll even sprinkle some on.

BROILED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS

2 chicken leg quarters
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp rosemary, crushed
Salt and pepper


Combine and mix olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic and rosemary. Place chicken legs and marinade in a sealed plastic bag. Coat chicken and marinate for about 4 hours in refrigerator.
Heat oven to 350 F, salt and pepper chicken, and bake on a broiling pan for 35 minutes. (Reserve marinade and baste when turning and broiling chicken.) Turn chicken and continue baking for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and adjust for broiling about 6 or 7 inches from heating element. Broil for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. (Rev. 10/4/93)

Variation: Use Sara Lee's marinade and follow above cooking instructions except, do not salt and pepper.

Carol made the salad and I made the scalloped potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to comment. You can choose Anonymous.