Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Remember Friday Night Meals(Broiled Fish in Lemon Sauce)

Dad really liked broiled fish. I remember a lot of really great meals on Friday night. I especially remember him standing in the kitchen keeping an eye on the broiler. The kitchen was so small that when he bent down to open the oven, Mom could barely get by.
I had some orange roughy in the freezer and it really tasted great with this recipe.
I think next time I will cut down the butter and skip the marinading. The flavor of the seasonings could have been stronger, too.

BROILED FISH IN LEMON SAUCE

1 lb Red Snapper (Scrod, Boston Blue, Haddock, or Flounder) fillets, cut into serving size portions
1/2 cup margarine
2 tbsp Real-Lemon
1 tbsp white wine Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil leaves
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp dill weed

Melt margarine, stir in remaining ingredients. Pour over fillets in 8 x 12 inch baking dish. Marinate in refrigerator for at least one hour. Broil 4 inches from heat 10 to 12 minutes per inch of fish thickness. If fillets are more than 3/4 inch thick broil skin side up for first half of broiling time and turn. Baste with marinade 3 or 4 times during broiling. Serves 4.

I served this with brown rice and french cut green beans.

2 comments:

  1. This receipe looks and sounds delicious. I think that I would double the oregano and basil though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll do this on Saturday night this week. (Like you say for "next time," the rule is, if it's in The Book, cut the butter/margerine in half.) Didn't think about it this way before, but if I open my oven you can't get to the other side of the kitchen either. Just like home.

    By the way, how are you doing on checking off the recipes in The Book? Looks like about 40 so far. You should be giving us status reports.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to comment. You can choose Anonymous.