Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rainy Days And Saturdays(Dijon Pork Chops)

This is a great recipe to make when you have a little extra time. It was a windy, rainy day here so it seemed to be just the right time to try this one. I doubled this recipe because I had five chops. I used 1" chops. I was a little concerned that they would need to cook longer than the time shown. It worked out great though. I used the second to the lowest level in the oven.


DIJON PORK CHOPS


2 pork chops
Shortening
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard, divided
1/2 small onion, minced
1 pkg McCormicks pork gravy mix with 1 cup water
1/4 tsp marjoram
3 tbsp sour cream
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp white wine
1/2 can (4 oz) mushroom pieces, drained
1/2 tsp parsley flakes

Trim fat from pork chops and render in frying pan or use shortening to brown the pork chops. Salt and pepper pork chops and spread both sides with half of the mustard. Place in a cooking-spray coated baking dish in a single layer.
Sauté onion in frying pan juices for about 5 minutes. Prepare the gravy in the frying pan and add the remaining ingredients and heat. Pour sauce over pork chops and cover the baking dish tightly with foil. Heat in a 350 F oven for 40 to 50 minutes. Serve with sauce over steamed rice.

Carol and I were enjoying a glass of malbec wine while I prepared this. So rather than using white wine I used the bottle that was open. I think I liked the flavor of the red wine rather than the white. I also used fresh mushrooms. I sauted them along with the onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to comment. You can choose Anonymous.