Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Need Staff When I Bake

I got a whole skid of batteries so I'll be able to post pictures from now on.
This is another baking episode. Here is why I don't like baking. Too much clean up




APRICOT BARS

1 1/2 cups margarine (not butter)
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups sifted flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 1/4 cups apricot preserves
Confectioners sugar

Turn on oven light to warm oven and close door. I didn't do this. I heated up the piping dough in the microwave. Just shows how old the recipe is. Cream margarine and sugar. Add egg yolks and vanilla and beat until creamy. Mix in the flour. Put 1/6 of the dough in an icing bag, seal and place in the warm oven. Hand press the remaining dough into a 9 x 13 baking pan. Warm apricot preserves and spread on dough, then sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Cover with lattice by piping warmed dough through the icing bag. There should be enough dough to pipe around the edges and make 5 long stripes and 7 short stripes.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in a 350 F oven. Cool, lightly dust with confectioners sugar, and cut into bars. (Rev. 11/15/91)

But even though I did have to do quite a few dishes, this turned out pretty good.
I took most of it into the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to comment. You can choose Anonymous.