Thursday, October 8, 2009

That 'Slaw' Folks

I hadn't grilled chicken for a while. Mainly because I've been so focused on working through these recipes. But, this week we've had some beautiful fall days and I thought grilled chicken would taste darn good. I marinated three boneless, skinless breasts in 1/2 cup of Kraft Zesty Italian dressing.

I saw this coleslaw recipe in "The Book" and decided it would make a good side.
I didn't take a picture of the ingredients this time. I used the pre-shredded cabbage.


COLESLAW

2 cups shredded cabbage (1/2 small head)
1/2 cup Miracle Whip(I used Lite Mayo)
2 tsp milk
2 tsp vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Pepper
2 tbsp sour cream (if available)

Mix Miracle Whip, milk, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over and mix in the shredded cabbage. Serves 4.


I doubled the vinegar and it still lacked tang. I'll probably stick with buying the bottled coleslaw dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to comment. You can choose Anonymous.