Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sunday Breakfast

My batteries in the camera went dead again. So no pictures this time. I had some of the Italian bread left over from the "Gourmet" Steak Sandwiches. So, on Sunday after church we made french toast with Italian bread. I hope that doesn't cause a international incident. I made the mix and Carol actually did the cooking. I practiced my trumpet while she cooked. To go with this, I had microwaved some bacon and made a fruit salad with apples, grapes and bananas. The bread was pretty stale but that made it really good.
FRENCH TOAST

2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp cinnamon
Pinch nutmeg
6 slices Italian bread
Butter flavored shortening

Beat together in a shallow bowl the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Melt 1 tbsp shortening in a hot skillet. Dip bread into egg mixture coating both sides, and fry over medium/low heat 2 or 3 minutes on each side until crisp and golden brown. Add shortening as needed to fry remaining bread slices.
May be fast frozen on a cookie sheet. If frozen, heat in 425 F oven on a rimmed baking sheet for 8 to 9 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to comment. You can choose Anonymous.