Sunday, October 25, 2009

Easy Clean Up/Not So Easy Clean Up

I liked this recipe because it has a real short prep time and little clean up. But that all changes in the dressing recipe below, though.
I made this with boneless skinless chicken breasts. I'd use chicken thighs next time. The other change I'd make is to use 1/2 cup of sherry. If you have fresh mushrooms, saute them and add rather than use the canned.
CHICKEN BREASTS IN WINE AND MUSHROOMS

4 to 6 chicken breast halves (or thighs)
2 cans (10 oz ea) cream of chicken soup
1 can (4 oz) mushroom pieces, save liquid
1/4 cup cream sherry
1 tbsp butter

Remove skin from chicken and place bone side down in a 9 x 13 inch Pyrex baking dish. In a bowl, blend cream of chicken soup with sherry and liquid from mushrooms. Add mushrooms and spoon mixture over chicken. Dot with butter and bake in 350 degree oven 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Serve with rice.
















Along with the chicken I made this dressing. I had to do some Googling for this one. I didn't know how to juice an onion . I ended up using a food processor and pureeing it. This is a sweet dressing but, I wanted a little more tang to it so I added more vinegar. The time I saved making the chicken was lost making this recipe.

CELERY SEED DRESSING (Penn State HUB)

1 1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 medium onion, juice from
5/8 cup vinegar
1 pt salad oil
1/8 cup celery seed

In mixer bowl combine sugar, salt, mustard, onion juice and 1/2 of vinegar. Beat at medium speed and gradually add oil and remaining vinegar. Beat until a thick stable emulsion has formed. Add celery seed. One half of this recipe makes almost a pint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to comment. You can choose Anonymous.