Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Batter up!

This was my first attempt at a baking recipe from Mom and Dad's recipe book. I had to enlist the assistance of my highly paid consultant(Wife) to give me some much needed guidance. I used a tip from Betty Groff to mix the batter. I took my rings off and put my hands in the bowl and mixed well.


BUTTER BALLS
3/4 cup butter
4 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla (or Amaretto or rum brandy)
2 cups sifted flour
1 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts for this recipe.)



Cream butter, add sugar and continue to beat until light. Stir in vanilla. Add sifted flour and mix well; fold in chopped nuts. Shape about a tablespoon of dough into balls on an un-greased baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven 15 to 18 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar while hot. Makes about 4 dozen balls.




The folks in the office liked the result.

1 comment:

  1. The Half Past Noon Recipes seem to include a lot of butter...the real stuff. Amazingly, the creators of the recipe book were both tall, slender people. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to comment. You can choose Anonymous.