Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Book 'em, Danno!

If your recipe made the “book” it meant you had really impressed Mom and Dad. This is one of my wife’s recipes. This is very simple to put together and it tastes great. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs. I served it with broccoli and cauliflower.





APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN OR PORK

4 chicken thighs, remove skin (or 3 pork chops)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
Salt
1/4 cup Kraft Thousand Island dressing
1/3 cup apricot preserves
3 heaping tsp dry onion soup mix

Heat oven to 350 F and place thighs (or chops) in a sprayed baking dish. Mix lemon juice with soy sauce and spoon over chicken. Salt thighs lightly and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
Mix remaining ingredients and spoon over chicken thighs. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until done. Baste occasionally.
Serve with rice. Sauce may be spooned over rice if desired.


Well, we have plenty of great food in the refrigerator. So, my next post will be sometime next week. After all this good food, I'm thinking it's time to make some desert.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, that's a good one. How many left to go, Ken?
    billd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you marry me!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to comment. You can choose Anonymous.