Saturday, September 26, 2009

I'm strong to the finish, 'cause I eats me Spinach...

This recipe comes from my niece in California. I couldn’t find a 10 oz package of spinach. I ended up getting two 6 oz packages instead. I ended up only using one of the packages and putting half of the other ingredients in the refrigerator to make another salad this week.


SPINACH SALAD
1 pkg (10 oz) fresh leaf spinach. stems removed and washed
5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 eggs, hardboiled and chopped
1/4 lb mushrooms, sliced
1/4 lb Feta cheese, crumbled
4 tbsp vinegar
4 tbsp water
4 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Grey Poupon mustard
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil leaves
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp chives
1/4 tsp Season-all
Salt and pepper

Mix seasonings and pour over spinach, bacon, eggs, mushrooms and cheese. Toss until covered.

My wife's recommendation to serve this with rice and crab cakes was a hit.

2 comments:

  1. The weird part is I am getting to like bacon. So this would be a good one for me.

    Really enjoy the blog!

    Where is dessert?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have such a smart wife :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to comment. You can choose Anonymous.